Face Masks on Campus
All students, faculty, and staff are required to bring a mask with them to campus and have it available at all times.
- Face masks are required in instructional spaces and the Wellness Center. This means all individuals, including visitors, must wear a mask when in the following spaces: the Wellness Center, John M. Flaxman Library and Special Collections, classrooms, shops, and labs.
- Face masks are optional in all other campus spaces, including residence halls, the LeRoy Neiman Center, on-campus cafés and lounges, SAIC Galleries, SITE Galleries, Gene Siskel Film Center, graduate studios (unless a class is visiting, in which case, masks are required), SAIC Ballroom, elevators, hallways, offices, and conference rooms. Audience members at upcoming Visiting Artists Program events are welcome to wear a mask if they choose, but it will not be required.
- You are free to wear a mask at all times on campus. For best protection, consider wearing a N95 or KN95, which Dr. Rebmann says provides good protection to the wearer even when interacting with unmasked people.
- As we continue to take care of one another, please remember that there are members of our community who are vulnerable to severe infection or who live with or are caring for a vulnerable loved one. Please consider showing care for the well-being of others by wearing a face mask when you are interacting with someone who is wearing a mask.
- Please note one important exception to the updated face mask protocol: During the first two weeks of the fall semester, masks will be required at all large-scale events with 50 or more attendees.