This page is no longer being updated.
Please visit this page for the most up-to-date information.
Spring 2021: No Appointments Required for SAIC Students, Faculty, Staff & Alumni
Flaxman Library is open to SAIC students, faculty, staff and alumni without an appointment. Masks must be worn at all times + proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter SAIC buildings.
If you are not a member of the SAIC community, you must email email@example.com for the Main Collections or firstname.lastname@example.org for the Library Special Collections (artists’ books & archives). In your email please include the reason for your visit and your preferred dates and times. Scheduled visits are set based on staff availability.
Spring Semester: January 27 - May 15
- Monday-Thursday: 9am - 7pm
- Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed (Materials can still be returned in the Sharp Lobby library drop box)
- Closes early on March 17 (5 pm)
- Closed March 18
Closed May 14-30
- Return materials to the Sharp Lobby library drop boxes.
- Email email@example.com for assistance on weekdays.
- No Flaxman, I-Share, or Worldshare pick-ups until 5/31.
Summer Semester: May 31 - August 19
Monday-Friday: 9am - 5pm
Closed: June 20 and July 4 (Return materials to the Sharp Lobby library drop boxes)
What to Expect During Your Library Visit
- The same community expectations will apply in the library space. See the Make Together page for details.
- Due to the nature of browsing library materials and using other high-touch surfaces in the space, we highly recommend visitors remain mindful and diligent in their hand hygiene practices.
- While you’re in the library, you can:
- Browse the library stacks
- Return, pickup, or find and checkout circulating materials
- Use non-circulating materials
- Copy, scan, or print using the Canon printers and scanners (first-come, first-serve)
- Use a video playback station to use non-circulating audiovisual materials or materials requiring special equipment (first-come, first-serve)
- Use the bookeye scanner (reservation recommended using this form - when it’s not reserved, it is available first-come, first-serve)
- Get help from library staff
Study and Equipment Spaces
When visiting the library, there are a few study or equipment spaces you can choose from:
- Study Desks
- Blue Armchairs
- iMac Stations Please note: There is no Adobe Software on the iMacs
- Video Playback Stations
- Bookeye Scanner*
*We recommend reserving the Bookeye Scanner in advance. You can use this form to make one-hour reservations. When it is not reserved, it is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Just Need to Print or Scan?
A color printer and black & white printer have been relocated to the 5th floor and do not require an appointment. When you come out of the elevator or out of the stairwell, take a left around the corner to find them.
Questions Before You Visit
If you have any questions or if something isn’t addressed here that you need help with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org