Fall 2021: No Appointments Required for SAIC Students, Faculty & Staff - Alumni By Appointment Only
Flaxman Library is open to SAIC students, faculty and staff without an appointment. Alumni can visit the library but must make an appointment in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. During a visit, they must be escorted into and out of the library. No walk-in appointments allowed. Masks must be worn at all times in SAIC buildings.
We are currently unable to facilitate outside visitors in the Flaxman Library (including I-Share members, visiting researchers, or members of the public). We appreciate your understanding as we work to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our campus spaces and support the SAIC community.
Fall Semester: September 1 - December 20
Monday-Thursday: 9am - 7pm
Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday-Sunday: Closed (Materials can still be returned in the Sharp Lobby library drop box)
September 6 - Labor Day
November 25-26 - Thanksgiving Break
What to Expect During Your Library Visit
- The same community expectations will apply in the library space. See the Make Together page for details.
- Due to the nature of browsing library materials and using other high-touch surfaces in the space, we highly recommend visitors remain mindful and diligent in their hand hygiene practices.
- While you’re in the library, you can:
- Browse the library stacks
- Return, pickup, or find and checkout circulating materials
- Use non-circulating materials
- Copy, scan, or print using the Canon printers and scanners (first-come, first-serve)
- Use a video playback station to use non-circulating audiovisual materials or materials requiring special equipment (first-come, first-serve)
- Use the bookeye scanner (reservation recommended using this form - when it’s not reserved, it is available first-come, first-serve)
- Get help from library staff
Study and Equipment Spaces
When visiting the library, there are a few study or equipment spaces you can choose from:
- Study Desk
- Blue Armchair
- iMac Station Please note: There is no Adobe Software on the iMacs
- Video Playback Station
- Bookeye Scanner*
*We recommend reserving the Bookeye Scanner in advance. You can use this form to make one-hour reservations. When it is not reserved, it is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Just Need to Print or Scan?
A color printer and black & white printer have been relocated to the 5th floor and do not require an appointment. When you come out of the elevator or out of the stairwell, take a left around the corner to find them.
Questions Before You Visit
If you have any questions or if something isn’t addressed here that you need help with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us: email@example.com