Recommendations for SAIC Community
How Can I Protect Myself from Viruses?
As with any virus, the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) recommends taking the following measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth;
- Cover your nose and mouth with tissue when you cough or sneeze; remember to wash your hands afterward;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs; and
- If you are sick, stay home from school or work for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities.
What Should I Do If I Feel Sick?
Any students who have health-related questions or concerns, who are not feeling well, or who need emotional or psychological support are encouraged to contact their healthcare provider immediately. The Wellness Center is providing remote services and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.499.4288. Additionally, here is a list of clinics near campus and a 24-hour free nurse advice line available to all students at 877.924.7758.
Staff and faculty with questions about their health are encouraged to reach out to their primary care provider for medical concerns or the employee assistance program for mental health support. Additionally, for questions regarding benefits and coverage, benefits-eligible faculty and staff may contact Cigna at 800.244.6224. Benefits-eligible faculty and staff may also reach out to Telehealth at 855.667.9722 or MDLIVE at 888.726.3171 for questions about their health.