Registration is open for classes beginning in April.
Summer registration opens soon!
NEW: Register online or download the Adult Continuing Education Non-Credit Registration Form [PDF] and do one of the following:
- Email it to email@example.com
- Fax it to 312.629.6171
- Drop it off at 36 South Wabash Avenue, Suite 1201, Chicago, IL 60603
Adult Continuing Education noncredit certificates at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago offer unique learning opportunities for adult students interested in pursuing an education in contemporary art and design. Students enroll in noncredit certificates to explore a field of interest or prepare for further study to earn a degree or other credit-based credential to achieve personal or professional goals.
Certificates are offered in the following areas:
Certificate students are charged a one-time application fee and pay the same tuition for ACE classes as noncertificate students.
To apply for a noncredit certificate program:
- NEW: Register online
- Select ACE Certificates at the bottom of the left-hand, dark grey side bar, then Add to Cart
- Add desired courses to your cart
- Select Cart, then Checkout; create a new account and confirm student and certificate information
- Checkout and pay the non-refundable $80 fee due at the time of application
If you are unable to apply online, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.629.6170.
Applications are accepted and processed during the open registration period and prior to the start of the semester.
Note: The Adult Continuing Education program does not provide job placement or internship services for its students, including those enrolled in noncredit certificates. However, your coursework will provide you with opportunities to network with instructors and peers, many of whom are working professionals.