The Writing Center serves all currently enrolled degree-seeking students.
All Writing Center Tutors are equipped to work with students on many different forms of writing, and everyone can help you with your writing goals! Take a look at the bios of our Writing Center Tutors & Staff, and if you would like to schedule an appointment with a specific tutor, email email@example.com.
The Writing Center is now using Navigate to schedule appointments with tutors.
- Visit saic.navigate.eab.com.
- Click "Login with your school account."
- Enter the credentials you use to access your SAIC Gmail account.
- Click "Schedule an Appointment."
- Select "Writing Center" as the department.
- Select "Online Appointment" as the appointment type.
- Pick a date to see time slots in a 30-day range from that date.
- Click "Find Available Time."
- Use the arrows to switch between days and look for a time that works for you.
- Click a time slot to schedule an appointment!
For more help with scheduling an appointment through Navigate, please watch the appointment scheduling tutorial.
For more information about Navigate and additional tutorials, please visit SAIC's Navigate webpage.
You are able to make one appointment per day and no more than two appointments per week.
Cancelling Appointments in Advance
If you can't make your appointment, please cancel your appointment as soon as possible. Do so by logging into Navigate, selecting your appointment, and then deleting it.
A "no-show" is when you do not cancel your appointment in advance and miss it. If you miss two appointments in any given term, you will be blocked from making additional appointments for the rest of that term.
A last-minute cancellation is when you cancel your appointment within twelve hours of your appointment. It will be counted as half of a no-show. Two last-minute cancellations count as one no-show.
If you are ten or more minutes late for your appointment, it will be offered to another student and counted as a no-show.