Graduate Public Critiques
Curated by Eric Ellingsen, the 2015-2016 Mitchell Visiting Professor in Interior Architecture at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Design Show 2016 showcased graduate work in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Designed Objects (including SAIC's 2016 whatnot collection featured during Milan Design Week), Fashion Design, Art and Technology Studies, and Historic Preservation. It included a day of public critiques for our graduate level students.
Design Show 2016 took place at Block Thirty Seven, 108 N. State St., 3rd floor from May 13th to May 31st.
The Design Show Public Critiques included several guest critics:
• Petra Bachmaier: Partner, Luftwerk
• Graeme Brooker: Head of Interior Design, Royal College of Art
• Dennis Furniss: Vice President, Nutrition and Sport Design at PepsiCo
• Gordon Gill: Principal, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
• Natalie Jeremijenko: Artist and Engineer
• Pierre Alexandré De Looz: Architect, Writer, and Contributing Editor for 032c
• Ana Miljacki: Associate Professor of Architecture, MIT
• Juan Garcia Mosqueda: Curator, Chamber; SAIC Alum
• Daniel Streng: Founder and CEO, Rubrik LLC
The works in DESIGN SHOW 2016 each asks us to become conscious of the presumptions and biases we carry with us when we encounter and try to contain design in the world today.