The Design Show 2016
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago invites you to a variety of special events to celebrate the opening of the Design Show 2016.
We are pleased to show our graduate work in in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Designed Objects (including SAIC's 2016 whatnot collection featured during Milan Design Week), Fashion Design, Art and Technology Studies, and Historic Preservation and to welcome guests from the city and design community.
Saturday, May 14:
9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Guest critics include:
• Petra Bachmaier: Partner, Luftwerk
• Graeme Brooker: Head of Interior Design, Royal College of Art
• Dennis Furniss: Vice President, Nutrition and Sport Design at PepsiCo
• Gordon Gill: Principal, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
• Natalie Jeremijenko: Artist and Engineer
• Pierre Alexandré De Looz: Architect, Writer, and Contributing Editor for 032c
• Ana Miljacki: Associate Professor of Architecture, MIT
• Juan Garcia Mosqueda: Curator, Chamber; SAIC Alum
• Daniel Streng: Founder and CEO, Rubrik LLC
Thursday, May 19:
Design Council Spring Meeting
SAIC welcomes you to join the spring meeting of the Design Council, a group of design professionals who advise and support the efforts of AIADO. Raise a glass in celebration of the Design Show 2016 and another successful academic year at SAIC. Learn about progress and plans for design education at SAIC. RSVP to Alex Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16.
Public Walk Through of Design Show 2016
All events are open to the public and take place at Block Thirty Seven, 108 N. State St., 3rd floor
The Design Show 2016: May 14-31
Monday–Saturday, 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 15, 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Monday, May 30, 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.