The facility is equipped with a wide range of printers, including:
- Epson P9000 (44" wide, 2880 ppi, Ultrachrome HDX 10-color pigment-based ink)
- Epson 9900s (44" wide, 2880 ppi, Ultrachrome HDR 10-color pigment-based ink)
- Epson 11880 (64" wide, 1440 ppi, UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta nine-color pigment-based ink)
- Canon imagePRESS C800 (4-color Digital Press)
- Canon imagePRESS C700(4-color Digital Press)
- Canon varioPRINT (Monochrome Digital Press)
- RISOgraph MZ1090 (Soy-based, translucent ink)
We also provide four self-service printing workstations with color calibrated Eizo monitors connected to three different printers:
- Canon imagePROGRAF 8400 (44" wide Photo Satin paper)
- Canon imagePROGRAF 6400 (17” wide Enhanced Matte paper)
- Canon IR-ADV C5035 laser printer (Bond paper, letter and tabloid-sized paper)
The Service Bureau is also SAIC’s photocopying hub. All specialty and high volume orders of 50 copies or more may be made here instead of departmental and library copiers. The Service Bureau carries cardstock, transparencies, vellum, and more than 20 paper colors. We also provide services such as perfect binding, spiral binding, saddle stitching, and a multitude of other specialized services.
The Service Bureau's services are available to SAIC students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Interested classes and individuals may schedule facility tours and can attend printing demonstrations to learn more about printing-related issues, including resolution, color management, file management, print longevity, paper types, etc. Bureau staff members are happy to help with individual questions regarding printers and applications as they arise.