The DLRC staff is available by appointment Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.. DLRC is located at 116 S. Michigan, 13th floor. Stop in or call 312.499-4278 to make an appointment.
The DLRC staff can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Support and Information Available for Faculty and Departments
Faculty are encouraged to contact DLRC anytime to discuss the following:
- Concernsabout specific students with disabilities
- Assistancein determining whether and how to provide recommended accommodations suchas attendance flexibility and flexibility with deadlines
- Generalquestions about disabilities
- Generalquestions about resources for students with disabilities at SAIC and inthe community
- Clarificationof procedures for providing disability accommodations to SAIC students
- Assistancein communicating more effectively with students with disabilities
- Informationabout the Americans with Disabilities Act and other legal requirementsrelated to students with disabilities in Higher Education
DLRC staff are available to give presentations at departmental or other meetings, on a wide range of topics related to support of students with disabilities at SAIC. Presentations can vary in length and the topic(s) can be tailored to the needs of the department. A few examples of presentation topics include:
- Overviewof Disability and Learning Resource Center Process, Policies, and Services
- Overviewof Disability Laws applying to Higher Education in the US.
- Overviewof Laws and Policies related to Disability and Attendance/Grading
- SuggestedStrategies for working with students with Learning Disabilities andADD/ADHD
- SuggestedStrategies for working with students with Physical Disabilities
- SuggestedStrategies for working with students with Psychological Disabilities
- How to Create an Exhibition or Program Accessible for Students with Disabilities.
return to top