Payment and Your Student Account: Document Submission
SAIC's Student Financial Services office has several convenient ways to submit documents requested for financial aid and student account processing. If you happen to be visiting the campus, you may also drop your documents off at 36 South Wabash Avenue, suite 1200, Chicago, IL 60603.
Please do not submit sensitive documents by email!
(Sensitive documents include those with social security numbers, birthdates or other personally identifiable information)
Prior to submission*, please place your name and Student ID# on all documents. Be sure to sign and date all necessary documentation and/or forms. Failure to properly complete forms will result in a delay in processing. After submission, please allow up to 72 hours for your documentation to be received and processed.
If documents submitted are not clear, incomplete, or it is determined that additional documentation is needed, you will be notified by our office with an email to your SAIC email account. Please adhere to the document deadlines as stated on all correspondence.
Scan and upload Imaged Documents Safely and Securely
To utilize the electronic document submission feature, all documents and forms must be printed, signed, and scanned into an acceptable format prior to electronic submission.
Use SAIC’s MappingXpress electronic document submission option to safely and securely submit documents to the Student Financial Services office. Use the password chicago1.
*If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact our office at 312.629.66010, firstname.lastname@example.org or Live Chat Monday–Friday (except for holidays) 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. CST by going to saic.edu/sfs and selecting “Chat With Us Now.”
Examples of documents that can be submitted:
- Financial Aid Estimate Request Form
- Early Aid Adjustment Form
- Summer Institutional Financial Aid Application
- Winter Institutional Financial Aid Application
- Asset Verification Worksheet
- Child Support Worksheet
- Dependent Support Statement
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose Worksheet
- Low Income Statement
- Non-Filer Statement
- Proof of Identity Form
- SNAP and Child Support Worksheet
- SNAP Worksheet
- Untaxed Income Worksheet
- Verification Worksheet
- Letters regarding Outside Scholarships
- Letters regarding 529 or College Saving Plans
- Any Other Form
Note: Do not use this function to submit documentation needed by other offices.
Other Document Submission Options
- Email: email@example.com Please do not email sensitive documents. Sensitive documents include those with social security numbers, birthdates or other personally identifiable information.
- Fax: 312.629.6601
- Mail* to:
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Student Financial Services
36 S. Wabash Ave., suite 1200
Chicago, IL 60603
- Visit our office in the Sullivan Center at 36 South Wabash Ave., 12th floor.
*Please Note: If submitting documents via mail, please allow 7–10 days after mailing for your documents to be received and processed.
For more information about the SFS Document Policy, please click here.