Wellness Center: Touched by Fire
Touched By Fire is a nonprofit program to celebrate, support, and inspire the work of artists with mood disorders such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. An initiative of the Mood Disorders Association of Ontario, the project includes a nonjuried, inclusive online gallery and a juried annual gala, “the art show you have to be crazy to enter.”
Submission Guidelines for Chicago Entries for Touched By Fire 2015
All submissions must be sent by Friday, October 16 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries received after that time will not be presented to the jury for review. Applicants will be notified of their status via email by Wednesday, October 21.
What you need to send on or before October 16:
- High-resolution image of your work
- Artist's Personal Information
Name, year in school, degree program, email address, and phone number.
Name, professional title at SAIC, email address, and phone number.
- Description of Artwork
- Medium (limited to drawings, mixed media, paintings, photography, and digital art)
- Dimensions (two-dimensional, must fit within a 36" square (this means a single canvas or a full triptych cannot be wider or higher than 36")—in their actual, non-digitized form)
- Artist Statement explaining the artwork's relevance to the artist's mood disorder.
If your work is selected, it must be ready to hang with necessary frame, hardware, etc., attached. More information about shipping will be sent to selected participants.
To learn more about Touched by Fire visit: touchedbyfire.co. Please note that the submission guidelines and due dates in Canada are different from SAIC. SAIC applicants should refer to the information above.