Wellness Center: Touched by Fire
Touched By Fire is a nonprofit program to celebrate, support, and inspire the work of artists with mood disorders such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. An initiative of the Mood Disorders Association of Ontario, the project includes a nonjuried, inclusive online gallery and a juried annual gala, “the art show you have to be crazy to enter.”
Submission Guidelines for Chicago Entries for Touched By Fire 2013
All submissions must be sent by October 10, 4:00 p.m. to email@example.com. Entries received after that time will not be presented to the jury for review. Applicants will be notified of their status via email by October 18, 2013.
What you need to send on or before October 10:
- High-resolution image of your work
- Artist's Personal Information
Name, year in school, degree program, email address, and phone number.
Name, professional title at SAIC, email address, and phone number.
- Description of Artwork
- Medium (limited to drawings, mixed media, paintings, photography, and digital art)
- Dimensions (two-dimensional, not larger than 2,400 square inches—40 x 60, 30 x 80, etc.—in their actual, nondigitized form)
- Artist Statement (a 100-word description of the art work and its relevance to the artist's mood disorder)
If your work is selected, it must be ready to hang with necessary frame, hardware, etc., attached. Artists will be responsible for shipping their work to the gallery in Canada so that it arrives before November 5, 2013. More information about shipping will be sent to selected participants. SAIC will provide a small subsidy toward shipping.
To learn more about Touched by Fire visit: touchedbyfire.co