Summer Housing for Interns: Location and Facilities
The 162 North State Street Residences, located at 162 N State Street, Chicago, IL 60601, is situated in the heart of the city! The building also houses the Gene Siskel Film Center and is directly across from The Chicago Theatre.
Please check out the 162 Slideshow to see these fabulous apartments and community spaces!
Living at the 162 North State Street Residences puts Chicago at your finger tips. We are steps away from the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) which can take you anywhere in the city you'd like to go! Plus, Union Station, your hub to the Chicago suburbs, is only about 1 mile away.
Don't forget that we're located within walking distance from Millennium Park, Michigan Avenue, Willis Tower, the Civic Opera House, and the Museum Campus just to name a few! We also have many great neighbors that are here to meet your daily needs from grocery stores to dry cleaning. Many of our “neighbors” are mentioned in The Summer Housing Video; read the Local Amenities for Summer Interns PDF.
The 162 North State Street Residences has loft style studio apartments, with high ceilings, track lighting, and large "Chicago Style" windows that offer expansive views of downtown Chicago.
Each studio apartment is equipped with:
- Extra-long twin bed with box spring
- Private kitchenette (9-cubic-foot refrigerator, built-in microwave, 2-burner stove, cabinet space, and sink)
- Private bathroom, full shower with shower doors
- Drafting table(s)
- Desk chair(s)
- Individual phone lines and internet connection
- Individual controlled air conditioning unit
- Window blinds
- Track lighting
- Closet space with closet organizer
Please visit the FAQ section to see what you should bring when you move in.
Other building amenities include:
- 24-hour security desk
- Two laundry rooms—Coin operated washers and dryers
- Fitness center
- 3 treadmills
- 3 elliptical machines
- 3 combo weight machines
- 3 cross training bikes
- Residents must attend a twenty-minute orientation session and sign an insurance liability waiver to gain access.
- Computer lab—Mac computers, scanners, and a pay-to-print station
- Media room
- VHS players
- surround sound
- connectors to hook up your laptop to our system
- Kitchen—4 ovens, each with a 4 burner range, and space to hang out while food is cooking