Commencement: Security and Protocol
Here are a few logistical and security-related considerations to keep in mind as we celebrate this day with students and their families:
- Doors to the Auditorium Theatre will open at 10:30 a.m.
- Graduating students must arrive at 10:30 a.m. at Roosevelt University, 430 South Michigan Avenue, to check in and line up for procession.
- Ticketed guests may arrive at 10:30 a.m., and should arrive no later than 11:30 a.m.
- Tickets are required for admittance. The ceremony is not open to the public.
- Seating is open with the exception of reserved seating for graduating students and faculty. These seats will be marked.
- Food and beverages may not be brought into the Auditorium Theatre except if for medical reasons or for infants. Sealed plastic bottles of water not exceeding one liter are acceptable. Light refreshments will be available for purchase at the concessions booths at the Auditorium Theatre.
- The Auditorium Theatre is a smoke-free environment.
- Security personnel and EMTs will be on-site to assist with any emergencies. In the event of an emergency, please see a member of our security team, who will be located throughout the Auditorium Theatre.
- Security personnel, located at the doors and throughout the Auditorium Theatre, have the authority to search a bag before allowing its owner admittance, to prohibit any items deemed a security risk, and to ask any guest exhibiting unruly behavior to leave the premises. Please observe the following restrictions:
- No "selfie sticks."
- No balloons, banners, large signs that may obscure the view of others, flags, confetti, or laser pointers.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Strollers are not allowed in seated areas, but can be checked upon arrival and retrieved upon exiting the seating area.
- Service animals are the only animals permitted inside of the Auditorium Theatre. If you intend on bringing a service animal, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commencement Ceremony is a time of celebration, and it is our goal to honor our graduates and their achievements in a safe and respectful manner. While a spirit of joy and enthusiasm is encouraged, we ask that all participants and guests be mindful of each other and display respectful behavior and common sense, and to follow all state and local laws.
These policies are subject to change without notice. If you need any additional information about the Commencement Ceremony, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for helping to make this a safe and celebratory event.