Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking: Protective Measures by SAIC
IV. Protective Measures from the School
Regardless of whether an individual chooses to make a report to the police and/or pursue a complaint with SAIC or neither, SAIC will work with anyone who has experienced Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and/or Stalking to provide protective measures (if these measures are requested and are reasonably available), including, but not limited to:
- Change in academic class schedule or other academic adjustments;
- Change in on-campus residence hall assignment;
- Change in on-campus working situation;
- On-campus transportation assistance; and
- No-contact instruction if the alleged offender is a student, faculty, or staff member at SAIC.
These measures may be applied to one, both, or multiple parties involved. In addition, SAIC will maintain the privacy of any protective measures provided to the individual who has experienced Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and/or Stalking, to the extent that SAIC can maintain such privacy and still provide the assistance to that individual.
Students may request that directory information on file (see Records Policy) be removed from public sources by submitting a written request to SAIC’s Office of Registration and Records.