Multicultural Affairs: Events
Multicultural Affairs: Getting Involved
Multicultural Affairs plans, and provides support for events, that encourage connections and cultivate inclusivity through the SAIC community.
Multicultural Affairs Events
Multicultural Affairs encourages connections and inclusivity through programs. These programs include Artist Talks, Artist-hosted participative workshops, exhibitions and shows, as well as opportunities to connect personally with named and successful working artists.
Events for Multicultural Affairs can be found at http://engage.saic.edu .
Multicultural Affairs Advisory Committee (MAAC)
Multicultural Affairs Advisory Committee (MAAC) is a monthly convening of student leaders, and any interested students to share resources, have an open dialogue about ideas, and collaborate on initiatives and events for the community. All Affinity- or Identity-based groups send representatives, and is an opportunity to learn about getting involved in these groups.
MAAC invites all interested students to join on any of the meetings and events. Food, and dialogue is always provided.
MAAC Spring 2019 Schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019; 4:15pm - 5:45pm in Sharp 214
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019; 4:15pm - 5:45pm in Sharp 214
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019; 4:15pm - 5:45pm in Sharp 214
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019; 4:15pm - 5:45pm in Sharp 214
Student Affinity Groups
Below are the Active student affinity groups for 2018-19 academic year. These groups make up one-third of all active student groups. More information on each student group, their events and meetings, and contact information are on http://engage.saic.edu.
- Asian and Asian American Students at SAIC
- Black Student Union
- Chinese Critique Salon
- Chinese Students and Scholars Association
- Feminism in South Korea
- HerCampus at SAIC
- Indigenous at SAIC
- International Student Group for Worldwide Engagement
- Iranian Studies Group
- Korean Graduate Student Community
- Korean Student Association
- LATINXS UNIDXS
- The League of Extraordinary Genders
- SAIC Hillel
- South Asian Student Association
- Students for Advocacy and Alliance in Health and Disability
- Students for Justice in Palestine
- Taiwanese Student Association
If you would like to be updated on events and initiatives through Multicultural Affairs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our mailing list.