The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Office of Environmental Health and Safety provides a host of programs and services for the SAIC community including air quality monitoring, ergonomic assessments, and art project consultation.
Our mission is to create a community in which environmental, health, and safety principles are accepted, executed, and integrated into all aspects of teaching, learning, and living at SAIC. This website is not all-inclusive of the programs and services the Office of Environmental Health and Safety offers. Please contact us to find out more and to environmental health and safety questions and concerns.
SAIC environmental health and safety policies and procedures for faculty, staff, and students are designed to promote safe and healthy working and classroom environments. For questions and inquiries regarding these policies and procedures, please contact the Environmental Health and Safety office.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Health and the Arts Program
- MSDS Online
- Pipeline and Hazardous materials Safety Administration
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Princeton University Environmental Health and Safety Art Safety Training Guide
- A.C.T.S - Arts, Crafts & Theater Safety
- Art and Craft Safety Guide