As an alternative to walking alone, SAIC provides escorts between campus buildings and nearby bus and train stops. This service is available 24-hours per day, 7-days per week.
Students and employees may request an escort at any SAIC security desk. A security officer will be dispatched to your location on campus to walk with you between campus buildings. Escorts should be requested at the Security Desk aproximatly 10 to 15 minutes before you would like to leave.
During our peak periods, fall and spring terms between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., SAIC operates the Safe Ride van. You can request a Safe Ride at any security desk. The Safe Ride van stops at the following locations:
- 280 S. Columbus Dr.
- 162 N. State St.
- Jones Hall, 7 W. Madison St.
- Sullivan Center, 36 S. Wabash Ave.
- Sharp Building, 37 S. Wabash Ave.
- MacLean Center, 112 S. Michigan Ave.
- 116 S. Michigan Ave.
- The Buckingham, 59 E. Van Buren St.
- Near 162 N. State St. (Red Line)
- Dearborn and Washington St.(Blue Line)
- Adams St. and Wabash Ave. (Brown, Pink, Orange, Green, and Purple Lines)
Upon boarding the Safe Ride vehicle, present your valid ID to the driver. The driver will swipe your ID card and return it to you.