Financial Aid: Net Price Calculator
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's (SAIC) Net Price Calculator helps families plan for educational expenses at SAIC. By entering information into the Net Price Calculator, a prospective student can receive an estimated financial aid package and net price figure (i.e., cost of attendance less estimated merit and need-based scholarships and grant aid).
When using the Net Price Calculator, please keep in mind the following:
- Tuition costs and estimated financial aid packages are based on 2015–16 figures. They are also based on SAIC student aid award policies in place during the 2015–16 academic year for undergraduate students. Such policies may change in future years.
- Estimated financial aid packages assume full-time undergraduate enrollment.
- To arrive at an estimated financial aid package, the prospective student is required to make certain subjective assumptions. For instance, the prospective student is asked to rank his or her portfolio on a scale of 1 to 10 both technically and conceptually. If the prospective student's self-ranking varies significantly from SAIC's actual ranking, then the prospective student's estimated financial aid package is likely to be over or underestimated. (Prospective students may request assistance in determining the technical and conceptual ratings for their portfolios by contacting the SAIC Admissions Office at 312.629.6100.)
- SAIC's actual determination of a prospective student's financial aid package will be based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), availability of funds, and the prospective student's compliance with eligibility requirements and filing deadlines.
- The financial aid package and net price figures provided through the Net Price Calculator are for estimating purposes only. The prospective student's actual financial aid package and net price paid to attend SAIC may vary.