High School Programs: Summer Institute Residency Program
Early College Program Summer Institute 2015
Registration opens Monday, January 5
Download the ECPSI 2015 Registration Form [PDF] now.
High school students who are at least 15 years old and not more than 18 years old and have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior year are eligible to enroll in the Early College Program Summer Institute (ECPSI).
Housing, merit scholarships, and need-based aid are available.
Session 1: Two weeks
Monday, June 15–Friday, June 26
Session 2: Two weeks
Monday, June 29–Friday, July 10
Session 3: Two weeks
Monday, July 13–Friday, July 24
Session 4: Four weeks
Monday, June 29–Friday, July 24
Intense. Rigorous. Life Changing.
Early College Program Summer Institute (ECPSI) at the Nation's Most Influential Art and Design School.
Ideas Matter Here
Which is why we empower you with the freedom to work in multiple media. With us, you can incorporate text into paintings, combine performance and sculpture, and explore the relationship of sound to architecture. The possibilities are truly limitless. And, you will leave our program with higher confidence and innovative, portfolio-quality work.
"We want our students to be able to master not just one medium, but to have the freedom to move and explore throughout different disciplines; to experiment; to take risks; to find the right solution for each individual problem. Our interdisciplinary philosophy, accomplished by excellent, enthusiastic faculty, the third largest collection of art in the world, and one of the most exciting cities in the country, make SAIC the whole package." —Rafael Vera, ECPSI instructor
The ECPSI Advantage
- Earn college credits that may be transferred to whatever college you choose to attend.
- Successful completion of the program waives the portfolio requirement for admission to SAIC's undergraduate program.
- A large number of ECPSI students receive top merit scholarships to our undergraduate degree program.
- Faculty, many of whom teach in the undergraduate program, are passionate teachers and acclaimed practicing artists, designers, and scholars.
- Our museum, the Art Institute of Chicago, the WORLD's third largest art collection!
- SAIC's state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
- Our connections to the vibrant city of Chicago.
Enrollment: Approximately 150 students per two-week session
Students living on campus: 90%
Percent international students: 17%
Countries represented: Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Egypt, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Mexico, Russian Federation, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela
Instructional staff to student ratio 1:8