Adult Programs: Web Design Certificate
The Web Design Certificate is designed for students, working adults, artists, and designers interested in exploring the expanding field of Web Design. The full course sequence provides the foundational skills required for those wishing to build website portfolios for personal and professional applications. Students with previous web design experience will also find current topics and new approaches to update their web design practices.
Prerequisites: Students are required to have taken an Introduction to Graphic Design course and have a working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop, as well as a basic proficiency with MAC OS X or Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
Requirements include ten studio courses.
Studio Courses (10)—recommended sequence
- Introduction to HTML and CSS
- Intermediate HTML and CSS
- Pixel Perfect: Designing for the Screen
- Advanced HTML and CSS
- JQuery for Designers
- Emerging Topics in Web Design
- Content Management and Strategy
- Designing for WordPress
- Web Design Studio: Portfolio Prep
Elective Courses (1)
- Color Theory for Designers
- Digital Photography 1
- Introduction to 3D Modeling: Rhino and Maya
Completion of the Web Design Certificate requires a final portfolio review by two Continuing Studies Web Design instructors.