Adult Programs: Interior Design Certificate
Students will develop the necessary skills to design interior spaces while studying current design concepts, trends, and applications. Students have access to a wide range of resources, including the Architecture Resource Center in SAIC’s Department of Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Designed Objects (AIADO). The Interior Design Certificate is designed for students who are interested in developing an interior design portfolio for admission to college-level programs, for adults interested in working in the field of interior design, and for individuals wishing to use their design skills for personal projects.
Prerequisite: Approaching Design
Requirements include nine studio courses and two elective courses.
Studio Courses (9)—recommended sequence
- Design Now
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Introduction to Architecture
- Hand Drafting and Rendering for Designers
- Color Theory for Designers
- Drawing for Interior Design: AutoCAD
- Sustainable Design in the Built Environment and LEED
- Interior Design Studio: Process and Practice
- Interior Design Studio: Portfolio Preparation
Elective Courses (2)
Completion of the Interior Design Certificate requires a final portfolio review by two Continuing Studies Interior Design instructors.