Computer Resources & Information Technologies: Adobe Software Licensing Renewal
Get your new Adobe CS6 Master Collection serial number
If your license for Adobe CS6 Master collection expires on Thursday, October 31, 2013, follow the instructions below to activate a new serial number.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have already activated a new serial number, or you installed CS6 after August 24, 2013, you may disregard this.
1. Open the Firefox web browser and log in to the SAIC Dashboard athttp://www.saic.edu/students. Then click the "Self-Service" link at the left under "QUICKLINKS."
2. Log in using your SAIC username and password (this is the same username and password you use for SAIC Gmail or wireless.artic.edu on campus).
3. Within PeopleSoft Self-Service, there is a link in the left-hand column called “Software Redemp Codes/Serial #”. Click on this link to see your assigned Mac and PC serial numbers.
4. You will then see your new serial number! If you are part of the AIADO program, you may see two serial numbers (one for Mac and one for Windows). Make sure to use the correct serial number for your operating system.
Copy your serial number by highlighting it and selecting “Copy” from the Edit menu (command+C on a Mac or ctrl+C on a PC).
If you are using a Mac, look for the serial number next to "Adobe CS6.0 MC Serial MAC."
If you are using a PC, look for "Adobe CS6.0 MC Serial WIN."
5. Open one of your Adobe CS6 applications, such as Photoshop or Illustrator. Click the “Help” option at the top right side of the Adobe toolbar and select “Deactivate...” from the drop down menu.
6. When asked if you wish to deactivate, click “Deactivate.”
7. Close the window after deactivation has completed.
8. Quit your Adobe application using Command+Q and then re-launch it. You will be prompted to sign in with your Adobe ID which you created while first installing CS6. (If you don’t remember your Adobe ID password, you can reset it here by clicking the “Trouble signing in?” link.)
9. Quit the application one more time and then reopen it. You will now see a window with options to “License This Software” or “Continue Trial.” Select “License this Software.”
10. You will then see a new window where you can paste the serial number that you previously copied from PeopleSoft Self-Service. Just click into the first box and paste the serial number using Command+V.
Click "Next" and CS6 will complete the licensing process. This will activate all of the applications in the Master Collection. Congratulations!
If you have questions or need assistance with activating your serial number, please feel free to contact us. We are always happy to help!
- CRIT Help Desk
- MC 905 (112 S Michigan Ave)
- SP 401 (37 S Wabash Ave)
- Monday–Friday 8:30AM–5:00PM