Registration for Summer Adult Continuing Education Courses is Now Open!
NEW: Register online or download the Adult Continuing Education Non-Credit Registration Form and do one of the following:
- Email it to email@example.com
- Fax it to 312.629.6171
- Drop it off at 36 South Wabash Avenue, Suite 1201, Chicago, IL 60603
We believe meaning and making are inseparable. Adult Continuing Education (ACE) noncredit courses and certificate programs reflect SAIC’s educational philosophy, adapted for the adult learner.
Explore new subjects, learn new skills, or refresh existing ones in our state-of-the-art facilities and studios. Experiment with new modes of creative production, including laser cutting and 3D printing, or find inspiration with access to the Fashion Resource Center, Joan Flasch Artists' Book Collection, Roger Brown Study Collection, and Video Data Bank.
Pursue your creative vision under the guidance of our instructors, comprised of practicing artists, designers, and scholars. Learn with and from your peers as you develop and strengthen your creative and critical abilities, and produce work based on your personal research and interests.
Featured Summer Courses:
- Intro to Interior Design, Tuesdays, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Art Survey at the Art Institute: American Art, Fridays, 12:00- 2:00 p.m.
- Art Survey at the Art Institute: Ancient to Premodern, Saturdays, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Sewing Techniques: Fundamentals, Saturdays, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Into to Graphic Design, Saturdays, 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Urban Photography, Saturdays, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Professional Practices, Sundays, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Digital Fashion Illustration, Mondays, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- From Drawing to Painting, Mondays, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
SAIC welcomes international students from abroad and those already in the United States with a student visa to enroll in our Continuing Studies programs. However, SAIC is not certified to issue immigration documents for international students participating in nondegree Continuing Studies programs and courses.