Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) connects SAIC students with organizations, studios, and companies in Chicago, throughout the U.S., and across the world.
SAIC students and alumni are talented artists, designers, writers, and scholars who deliver fresh perspectives and new capabilities to the workplace. They possess innovative, advanced interdisciplinary training and are eager to bring their strengths to the professional environment. We’re excited to help you explore ways you can work with them.
CAPX works closely with employers to provide career and internship opportunities for students and alumni who have studied and worked at the forefront of creative industries. Over the years we’ve partnered with more than 2,000 local, national, and international employers and internship providers. We invite you to join this distinguished network.
Interested in hiring our students or alumni?
Our free, online platform, SAIC Compass, makes it easy to list available internships, full-time and part-time jobs, freelance, seasonal and volunteer opportunities, and calls to enter.
Visit SAIC Compass to create an account for your company or organization and post one of the above positions.
Our students intern in artists' studios, design firms, publishing houses, museums, galleries, architecture firms, municipal agencies, community organizations, animation and conservation studios, and more.
Full details regarding our internship guidelines can be viewed here.
We encourage you to:
- Post jobs, internships, and other professional opportunities on our online jobs database, SAIC Compass.
- Register to participate in our annual SAIC Internship and Career Expo, held each in the MacLean Ballroom.
- Visit our Recruit and Hire page to learn about on-campus recruiting opportunities.
- Sign up for Expert Exchange and share your industry expertise one-to-one with students.
- Subscribe to our employer newsletter, CAPX Connects, and stay informed about what's happening at CAPX and the best opportunities to engage the SAIC student community.
For any further questions, please contact our Assistant Director of Employer Relations, Theresa Gimpel at: email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!