Bachelor of Fine Arts with an Emphasis in Art Education: Curriculum Requirements
Here are the requirements you must meet to earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) with an Emphasis in Art Education from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
|Total Credit Hours||138|
- Teacher candidates must pass three Illinois Testing System tests to qualify:
- Visual Arts Content Area Test—taken and passed before pre-clinical fieldwork, and
- K–12 Assessment of Professional Teaching Test—taken and passed.
- Teacher candidates must complete a fingerprint background check before enrolling in the art education courses and again, before the beginning of student teaching.
- Teacher candidates must be United States citizens or intend to become United States citizens within 10 years.
Total credits required for minimum residency 66
Minimum studio credit 30
Minimum professional education courses 30
Interested in learning more?
Visit the Department of Art Education website for information on the curriculum, faculty, and resources offered through the department.
Interested in learning more about how you can apply?