Study Abroad/Off-Campus: Summer 2014 Study Trips
International travel can help you develop greater independence, self-confidence, the flexibility to quickly and creatively adapt to changing circumstances, and the ability to interact effectively with people from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds. These and many more skills can prove invaluable throughout your life and are considered highly valuable in a variety of employment settings.
Each year, SAIC offers a large selection of faculty-led study trips to provide students with relevant and dynamic opportunities to experience international travel and build intercultural competency, all while earning credit toward a degree. If you are interested in taking your studies off campus and across borders, consider participating in an SAIC study trip.
While each trip is unique, some general items you can expect from study trips at SAIC are:
- New courses and locations are added each year.
- Courses run during the winter and summer interims and typically last for two to three weeks.
- All study trips count toward the 6-credit, off-campus requirement for undergraduate students.
- Courses are offered for a variety of credit types and range from 3 to 6 credits.
- Eligible students may apply for financial aid to cover a portion of study trip tuition costs.