Study Abroad/Off-Campus: For Faculty
Faculty-led Study Trips
SAIC faculty members are the driving force behind the conceptualization, development, and running of SAIC Study Trips. Those interested in the possibility of developing and leading a study trip should review the following resources:
Policies and Procedures for Developing and Leading Study Trip Courses Abroad
There is a new two-part Proposal Process for faculty-led study trips. Part 1 of the proposal is due September 15 for all 2014 trips.
The interactive workbook below is intended to:
- Explain the full proposal process
- Communicate guidelines on course development and SAIC travel policies
- Provide fillable/printable proposal forms for submission to Study Abroad
Download and start working on the Study Trip Development Workbook [fillable PDF—please right-click and download to edit].
Having trouble with the Workbook? Refer to Study Trip Development Workbook: Troubleshooting [PDF].
Approval and Next Steps
Faculty are notified regarding decisions on their initial proposals by October 15. Once Part 1 has been approved by the
Dean's Selection Committee, you have six weeks to develop and submit Part 2.
Refer to the Workbook for guidance in completing the following documents that you may download here:
- Study Trip Course Proposal (page 20 of the Study Trip Development Workbook [PDF])
- Proposal Itinerary Worksheet [DOCX]
- Proposal Course Syllabus [DOCX]
- Study Trip Budget Worksheet [XLS]
- 10 images—High-resolution, non-copyrighted for promotional purposes
Please submit these items to Study Abroad firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1.
Study Abroad is available to meet with faculty for consultation and support in creating a reasonable itinerary and accurate budget documents. Call 312.629.6830 to schedule an appointment with Norm Miller or Jenn Steplowski.
Interested to see where SAIC has been? Look at our Past Study Trips [PDF] here.
Has a student asked you to write a recommendation letter for their semester exchange? Complete the Faculty Recommendation for Semester-long Study Abroad [fillable PDF—please right-click and download to edit] and submit to email@example.com.