Printing and Output Services: Online Submissions
- Fill out the appropriate online order form:
- Color Laser Output Request Form [PDF]
- Black & White Copy Request Form [PDF]
- Inkjet Output Request Form [PDF]
- Vinyl Cutting Request Form [PDF]
- Check your file size. Is it under 8 MB? Email it. Over 8 MB? Send it to our FTP server (see below)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fill out and attach the appropriate order form and print file (if its under 8 MB) and put a brief description of the job in the body of the email.
- Call the Bureau (312) 629-9155. Call us even after you have received our confirmation email. This is just to be sure we have all the details and to clear up any confusion regarding your order.
Connecting to our FTP server
FTP (file transfer protocol) is a great way to send large files fast. Any files larger than 8 MB should be sent to the Service Bureau via FTP.
Know what you're doing? Below is all the information you'll need to get to and navigate our FTP server. Never connected to an FTP server before? Consult the instructions below.
|Username||Your SAIC username (same as you would use for the Portal)|
|Connect using||FTP with TTS/SSL|
|Password||Your SAIC password (same as you would use for the Portal)|
- When you log in to our FTP server, you should see an upload and a download folder. Put your files in the upload folder.
- Our FTP server cannot accept folders. Do not try to send folders or make folders.
- Once you upload a file you will no longer have access to it.
- Don't forget to email us with the correct order form. If you don't email us your order will not be printed.
How to connect and upload to our FTP server using Fetch
Fetch is included on the SAIC computer template. If you have a different FTP client, the connection information is the same, but it may be configured differently. Visit any one of the CRIT help desks located around campus for help.
- Connect to the Server
Open Fetch and fill in the appropriate blanks
Your log in screen should look like the example above. If you don't see this log in window, go to File > New Connection. Your username and password are the same ones you use to log into the SAIC Portal or email.
If you don't see the option to enter a Port number, click the arrow on the bottom left hand corner of the window.
- Upload your file
Once you're connected, you should see an upload and a download folder.
Your files go in the upload folder.
The download folder is for us to give you files (like a template or instructions) if necessary.
Open the upload folder and click Put.
Find your file and click Put.
IMPORTANT: Only select actual files. DO NOT try to upload whole folders; it won't work.
- Confirming your upload
Do not disconnect until you see the message "Transfer of YourFileName.tif complete."
Congratulations! You have successfully uploaded a file using an FTP client!
Barring any error messages, your file is now on our FTP server. However if you go back into your upload folder you will not see your file. Trust us, its there.
Don't forget to email us with the Online Order Form and information about the job!