Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Fashion, Body, and Garment: Admissions Requirements
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Department of Fashion requires an online application for its Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Fashion, Body and Garment program. You will need a valid credit card and current email address in order to complete the form. Please review the following requirements carefully before submitting your application:
- Applications for the summer/fall semester must be submitted no later than February 15. No applications are accepted for spring semester.
- There is an $80 nonrefundable application fee ($100 for international applications). The application fee is discounted by 50 percent
- from September 1 through November 30.
- You must upload a 500- to 750-word statement describing the history of your interests and experiences in design, your personal and professional motivations and goals, and your reasons for pursuing graduate study at SAIC. Upload your statement of purpose via your ePortfolio.
- In addition to your application, you must submit an ePortfolio by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on February 18. Applicants with a background in studio art or design are required to submit a portfolio of up to 20 images.
You also must submit an official college transcript and two letters of reference for admission into the program. You can ask your references to upload their letter to your online application or mail them directly to the school. Some candidates will be contacted for an interview
In compliance with federal Program Integrity Issues regulations, we are providing the following information on the School of the Art Institute of Chicago‘s Post-Baccalaureate Program in Fashion, Body and Garment:
- On-time Graduation Rate: N/A* for 2012–13
- Tuition and Fees: (for the 2013–14 academic year, for 30 hours of credit): $43,045
- Typical cost of books and supplies: $1,740 estimate
- Typical cost of room and board (off-campus): $9,240 estimate
- Median Loan Debt: Federal (Title IV) – N/A**
- Standard Occupational Codes: 27-1010 (Artists and Related Workers); 27- 1013 (Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors and Illustrators); 27-1014 (Multimedia Artists and Animators); 27-1024 (Graphic Designers); 27-1022 (Fashion Designers)
*This information is not being provided because less than 10 students were enrolled in the program for the 2012-13 academic year.
**This information is not being provided because less than 10 students secured loans processed through SAIC for the 2012–13 academic year.
For more information on the application and admissions process, visit the graduate admissions website.
Ready to apply? Complete your online application now.