Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Fashion, Body, and Garment: Admissions Requirements
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago's Department of Fashion requires an online application for its Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Fashion, Body and Garment program. You will need a valid credit card and current email address in order to complete the form. Please review the following requirements carefully before submitting your application:
- Applications for the summer/fall semester must be submitted no later than February 15. No applications are accepted for spring semester.
- There is an $80 nonrefundable application fee ($100 for international applications). The application fee is discounted by 50 percent
- from September 1 through November 30.
- You must upload a 500- to 750-word statement describing the history of your interests and experiences in design, your personal and professional motivations and goals, and your reasons for pursuing graduate study at SAIC. Upload your statement of purpose via your ePortfolio.
- In addition to your application, you must submit an ePortfolio by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on February 18. Applicants with a background in studio art or design are required to submit a portfolio of up to 20 images.
You also must submit an official college transcript and two letters of reference for admission into the program. You can ask your references to upload their letter to your online application or mail them directly to the school. Some candidates will be contacted for an interview
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please click here.
For more information on the application and admissions process, visit the graduate admissions website.
Ready to apply? Complete your online application now.