John M. Flaxman Library: Services
We always offer walk-in research help, but did you know you can set up an appointment to meet one-on-one with a librarian? Call 312.899.5096 or email us (email@example.com) today.
Interlibrary loan services are available to SAIC students enrolled in degree programs, SAIC faculty, and SAIC staff.
Request a book from I-Share
- Create your I-Share account
- Usually takes 3-5 days; you will receive an email once it arrives
Request a book/media not located in I-Share
- Fill out the interlibrary loan form
- Usually takes 1-2 weeks; you will receive an email or phone call once it arrives
Request an article not owned by Flaxman Library
- Fill out the article request form
- Usually takes 2-5 days; you will receive an email once it arrives
Schedule a time for your class to meet with a librarian. For general library research sessions email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 312.899.5096 or stop by.
Students - To find books your faculty put on reserve for your class please use this link here.
Faculty - To put materials on Reserve for students please fill out our Library Reserves Form. If you have questions, please see our Library Reserves Instructions or email us at email@example.com. For questions relating to copyright and posting licensed content check out the following resources:
Posting copyrighted or licensed resources: When it is necessary to obtain permission to post copyrighted material to your course page, Flaxman Library staff offer to request the permission and to pay reasonable fees from the library budget.
Please let us know what you think we should purchase for Flaxman Library collections. Simply fill out this form and click the submit button. Thank you in advance for your suggestion.
- Thesis FAQ
- Thesis Submission Guidelines
- Thesis Submission Worksheet
- Sample Thesis Title Page
- SAIC Thesis Repository
- Film/Video Reservations and Rental Instructions
- Film/Video Reservations Form
- Library Reserves Instructions
- Library Reserves Form
- Interlibrary Loan: Request a Book Form
- Interlibrary Loan: Request an Article Form
- Suggest a New Purchase Form
- Special Collections Photocopying or Scanning Request Form
- Special Collections Archival Material Request Form