Master of Arts in Art Education: Admissions Requirements
The Department of Art Education at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) requires an online application for its Master of Arts (MA) in Art Education program. You will need a valid credit card and current email address in order to complete the form. Please review the following requirements carefully before submitting your application:
- Applications for the fall semester must be submitted no later than January 15. No applications are accepted for spring semester.
- There is an $80 nonrefundable application fee ($100 for international applications). The application fee is discounted by 50 percent from September 1 through November 30.
- You must upload two 500- to 1,000-word statements of purpose: 1. An autobiographical statement describing formal and informal education in the arts; work experience in the arts; commitment to education, humanitarian, and/or arts advocacy and artistic accomplishments. 2. A statement of career goals and reasons for applying to the program.
- In addition to your application, you must submit an ePortfolio by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on January 16. Your portfolio should include work that represents your area of highest achievement in an arts profession. For example, studio-based work accompanied by descriptions, creative or scholarly writing, or documentation of art education projects in schools, museums, or community-based settings.
- An interview is required for all applicants to the MA in Art Education program. Call 312.899.7481 or email email@example.com prior to completing your application to schedule your interview.
You also must submit an official college transcript and two letters of reference for admission into the program. You can ask your references to upload their letter to your online application or mail them directly to the school.
For more information on the application and admissions process, visit the graduate admissions website.
Ready to apply? Complete your online application now.