Master of Arts in Arts Administration and Policy: Curriculum Requirements
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago’s (SAIC) Master of Arts (MA) in Arts Administration and Policy program provides an academic structure within which students can master specific sets of skills while at the same time building a critical perspective toward issues of contemporary arts administration.
|Critical and Cultural Policy Studies||18|
Each semester, the department provides a list of courses that fulfill the following requirements:
|ARTSAD 5040 Management Studio (9)
(over three semesters)
|Research and Professional Practice||9|
|Completion of thesis|
|Total Credit Hours||48|
Degree requirements and specifications
- Completion schedule: Students have a maximum of four years to complete the degree This includes time off for leaves of absence. Thesis in Progress: Students who have not submitted a finished thesis for review and approval by the end of the final semester of enrollment are given a Thesis in Progress grade (IP). All students with a Thesis in Progress grade (IP) will be charged the Thesis in Progress Fee in each subsequent full semester until the thesis is completed and approved and the grade is changed to Credit (CR). If the statute of limitations is reached without
- Transfer credits: A minimum of 42 credit hours must be completed in residence at SAIC. Up to six transfer credits may be requested at the time of application for admission and are subject to approval at that time. No transfer credit will be permitted after a student is admitted.
- Curriculum: The program requires 48 credit hours; electives, internships, and thesis are subject to the approval of the Arts Administration Program advisor.
- Enrollment: Nine credit hours constitutes full-time enrollment, although as many as 15 credit hours may be earned in any semester. Two semesters of full-time status are required of all students when they begin the program; thereafter a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester are required for continued enrollment in the program.
- Full-time Status Minimum Requirement: 9 credit hours.