Master of Arts in Arts Administration and Policy: Admissions Requirements
The Department of Arts Administration and Policy at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) requires an online application for its full-time, 48-credit hour Master of Arts in Arts Administration and Policy program. You will need a valid credit card and current email address in order to complete the form. Please review the following requirements carefully before submitting your application:
- Applications for the fall semester must be submitted no later than January 15. No applications are accepted for spring semester.
- There is an $80 nonrefundable application fee ($100 for international applications). The application fee is discounted by 50 percent from September 1 through November 30.
- You must upload one 500- to 750-word statement of purpose that describes your work or research. Discuss how you came to focus on arts administration and policy at the graduate level. Also discuss future directions or goals for your work, and finally, describe how the Master of Arts in Arts Administration and Policy program is suited to your professional goals.
- In addition to your application, you must submit an ePortfolio (critical writing sample) by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on January 16. Submit a sample of your critical writing up to 2,000 words in length. This can be either an essay assignment from a previous course of study, an excerpt from a longer research paper, or a recently published article.
- A small number of candidates will be invited to interview. Interviews are normally conducted by telephone, but some candidates may use Skype or interview in person.
- You must upload a current résumé via the ePortfolio.
You also must submit an official college transcript and three letters of reference for admission into the program. You can ask your references to upload their letter to your online application or mail them directly to the school. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended, but not required.
Interested in learning more about how you can apply?