This year the Historic Preservation Department welcomes short presentations from one guest and one alumna, regarding current preservation projects in Chicago that relate to our students' thesis topics. Stop by to see what our newest colleagues are up to!
Thursday April 20:
5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
• 5:15pm: Melanie Bishop "Wacker's Manual: Tool for Progressive Reform and Model for City Planning Education"
• 5:30pm: Guest Gabrielle Lyon, PhD from the CAF: Update on the "No Small Plans" Graphic novel being developed by CAF based upon the Wacker Manual
• 5:45pm: Brenda Lee Bohen "A Mitzvah in Historic Preservation: The Need for Conservation of Roman Jewish Stone Epitaphs"
• 6:00pm: Joyce Ipapo Ramos "Preserving Affordable Housing in Chicago's Residential Hotels"
• 6:15pm: Alumna Emily Ramsey "A Summary of the National Register Multiple Property Nomination: Chicago's Residential Hotels."
• 6:30pm: Candace Williams "The Making of North Kenwood"
• 6:45pm: Meredith Stewart "Preserving Canada's First Subway: Vitrolite and the TTC"
• 7:00pm: Reception