Computing: Service Bureau
The Service Bureau is SAIC’s on-campus professional digital output center, specializing in laser printing and museum-quality archival large format inkjet printing. The Service Bureau also produces in-house book binding, vinyl cutting, CD/DVD thermal printing and duplication, as well as button making. A variety of materials are available to print on, including photographic and printmaking papers, canvas, and more.
The facility is equipped with a wide range of printers, including:
- Two Epson 9900s (44" wide, 2880 ppi, Ultrachrome HDR 10-color pigment-based ink)
- Epson 11880 (64" wide, 1440 ppi, UltraChrome K3 with Vivid Magenta nine-color pigment-based ink)
- Canon imagePRESS C1+
- Canon imageRUNNER Advance 9075
- Canon imageRUNNER 8105
We also provide four self-service printing workstations with color calibrated Eizo monitors connected to three different printers:
- Canon imagePROGRAF 8300 (42" wide Photo Satin paper)
- Canon imagePROGRAF 5100 (17” wide Enhanced Matte paper)
- Canon IR-ADV C5035 laser printer (Bond paper, letter and tabloid-sized paper)
The Service Bureau is also SAIC’s photocopying hub. All specialty and high volume orders of 50 copies or more may be made here instead of departmental and library copiers. The Service Bureau carries cardstock, transparencies, vellum, and more than 20 paper colors. We also provide services such as perfect binding, spiral binding, saddle stitching, and a multitude of other specialized services.
The Service Bureau's services are available to SAIC students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Interested classes and individuals may schedule facility tours and can attend printing demonstrations to learn more about printing-related issues, including resolution, color management, file management, print longevity, paper types, etc. Bureau staff members are happy to help with individual questions regarding printers and applications as they arise.