Academic Review Board
Students with extenuating circumstances can submit an appeal to the Academic Review Board (ARB) for exceptions to SAIC's academic and administrative policies (e.g., late withdrawl with a "W" grade; academic suspension or dismissal; and exceptions to degree and certificate requirements). Exceptions will only be granted if the student can demonstrate their extenuating circumstances (e.g., docto'rs note).
For more information regarding the steps to submit a No Credit grade appeal, please see the
Refund Review Board
Students with extenuating circumstances can submit and appeal to the Refund Review Board (RRB) for exceptions to SAIC's refund and administrative policies. Exceptions will only be granted if the student can demonstrate extenuating circumstances (e.g., doctor's note). Students must submit a written appeal to the Registrar's office for consideration by the Board within one year of the initial charge. The form can be obtained at the Registrar's office.
How to Submit an Appeal
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss your appeal.
- Complete the appropriate form above and return it to the Registrar's office, 36 S. Wabash Ave., room 1450, Monday through Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Appleals should be thorough and state all relevant reasons for your request. We encourage appeals to be typed on a separate document and attached to the appeal form.
- Be sure to have a doctor's statement, which includes the dates of treatment/illness and the degree of debilitation, if the request is being made due to a medical reason. Also, please include any appropriate supporting documentation for all other appeals that are not due to a medical reason.
- The Board meets weekly. They will review the request and make a determiniation.
- Email notification will be sent to the student of the Board's decision.
- Please note the decisions of the Academic and Refund Review Boards are final