The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) educates artists, designers, and scholars, offering nationally accredited undergraduate, graduate, and post-baccalaureate programs to more than 3,600 students from around the globe.
Additional information about the School of the Art Institute of Chicago can also be found online at College Navigator.
Admissions and Academic Information
Post-Baccalaureate and Certificate
- Admissions and Programs
- Gainful Employment: Post baccalaureate certificate in Fashion/Apparel Design
- Gainful Employment: Post baccalaureate certificate in Fine/Studio Arts, General
Cost and Financial Assistance
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Cost of Attendance
- Criteria for Continued Student Eligibility
- Criteria for Adjusting Aid Amount
- Criteria for Selecting Recipients and Determining Award Amount
- Eligibility Requirements
- Federal Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling Requirement and Information
- Federal Work-Study Conditions and Terms
- Financial Aid Advances to Obtain/Purchase Books and Supplies for Eligible Students
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Progress Policy
- General Financial Assistance Information
- Loan Repayment Sample Schedule and Necessity for Repayment
- Method and Frequency of Disbursements
- Net Price Calculator
- Procedure and Forms
- Receipt of Pell Grants
- Refund Policy
- Study Abroad and Title IV Aid
- Terms of Federal Loans
SAIC does not participate in preferred lender arrangements.
Policies and Resources
- Accommodations for People with Disabilities
- Acceptable Use for Network and Computing Resources
- Affiliate Entities
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Career and Professional Experience
- Copyright Infringement
- Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendment
- Immunization Policy
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Non-Discrimination Statement
- Requirements for Withdrawal
- Policy Prohibiting Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking
- Student Activities
- Student Handbook
- Student Records Policies/Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Textbook Information
- Title IX Coordinator
- Voter Registration and Constitution Day
SAIC Undergraduate Alumni*
413 out of 597 (69.2%) undergraduate alumni reported their employment status at six months after graduation.
384 (92.97%) of SAIC undergraduate alumni reported that they were employed or seeking further education.
SAIC Graduate Alumni*
129 out of 321 graduate alumni completed the SAIC Class of 2015 Alumni Survey, a 40% rate of participation.
77.5% of SAIC graduate alumni respondents reported that they were employed.
78.4% were working in arts-related jobs.
*graduating class of 2015
Art Therapy Credentials Board Examination
Pass rates for the last four years for SAIC graduates who have taken the exam for the purpose of board certification with the Art Therapy Credentials Board.
2016 9 Pass 0 Fail 100% Pass Rate
2015 2 Pass 0 Fail 100% Pass Rate
2014 9 Pass 0 Fail 100% Pass Rate
2013 1 Pass 0 Fail 100% Pass Rate
Art Education Assessment Pass Rates
Types of Graduate and Professional Education in Which the Institution’s Graduates Enroll
[Not yet available]
Filing a Complaint with an Accrediting Agency and Relevant State Agencies
Federal Program Integrity rules issued by the U.S. Department of Education require institutions to provide to students or prospective students contact information needed to file a complaint and with relevant state agencies.
For a link to state agency information for all 50 states, D.C. and Puerto Rico, please click on the following link.
State By State Complaint [PDF]
Illinois Board of Higher Education
431 E. Adams, 2nd floor
Springfield, IL 62701-1404
Institutional Complaint Hotline: 217.557.7359
Illinois Attorney General
Consumer Fraud Bureau
500 S. Second St.
Springfield, IL 62706
Consumer Fraud Hotline: 800.243.0618
Higher Learning Commission
North Central Association
230 S. LaSalle St., suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
National Association of Schools of Art and Design
11250 Roger Bacon Dr., suite 21
Reston, VA 20190-5248
For students receiving GI Bill Benefits: